JFFS2 on NAND reboot problems

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Sat Apr 19 11:58:32 EDT 2003

On Saturday 19 April 2003 11:46, Srinivasu.Vaduguri at nokia.com wrote:
> I see this problem often in our device.. I was not able to reproduce it
> till now.. But recently I found a way..
>
> If we have two directories 'a' and 'b' in /flash which is a JFFS2 file
> system.. and if we do an "rm -rf /flash/a" and reboot immediately or power
> cycle.. Then on reboot while mounting we get this bug in garbage
> collection.. This happens almost 95% of the times..

I tried about 25 times and had no chance to trigger the BUG().

Could you please provide a binary image of your FLASH partition, which
triggers the BUG() ?
Reboot. Do not mount /flash and do a
cat /dev/mtdX >flash:img
If this is NAND, you will get a bunch of "Reading without ECC is not
recommended" warnings. Ignore them :)

Thanks.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de