JFFS2 on NAND reboot problems

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Thu Apr 17 15:05:05 EDT 2003

On Thursday 17 April 2003 18:17, matsunaga wrote:
> It seems to me that the system was rebooted without wbuf flush.
> If it is true, another problem I think is that mount process cannot detect
> the inode inconsistency. This fs should be designed on the premise that
> power failure happens. The last accessing file do not need to be saved, but
> fs does.
> Sorry if this is solved on the latest code

It is designed this way. But we are neither perfect nor can we predict every
10e12 possibilities to produce a hidden bug.

I cannot reproduce it here.
That's why I asked for a bainary Image of the flash content, but I received
none until now.

We can only solve problems, which are either reproducable or which can be
reproduced by some user supplied pattern / image.

We all do our very best to make this code stable and reliable, but we need the
help from _USERS_ to detect insufficiencies. That's the way open source
software works. If we don't get the requested feedback / help we can only
say: You got the code. Feel free to fix it.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de