Database on JFFS2?

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Apr 16 14:19:50 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 16:30, matsunaga wrote:
> > iirc it used to ignore sync completely so people could potentially get
> > into trouble if they write-sync-poweroff with <2s between write and
> > poweroff.
>
> write - sync -poweroff works on NAND. flush_wbuf is also triggered on
> umount.
>
> I think that sys_sync is not supported yet, as is written in jffs2/Todo,
> right?

Sorry, I mixed this up with fsync. sys_sync is not working, just flushing the
buffer on umount.

When I brought in the timed flush, I tried to use kupdated
(superblock->s_dirty) and had a bunch of unwanted flush's during consecutive
writes, because setting sb->s_dirty is asynchronous to kupdated interval.
That's why I used the 2 seconds timer.

I will think about it again.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de