Database on JFFS2?

Jasmine Strong jasmine at regolith.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 12:23:59 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003, at 17:14 Europe/London, Jörn Engel wrote:

> On Tue, 15 April 2003 17:11:44 +0100, Jasmine Strong wrote:
>> Unless it would cause many erases, which would slow things down a
>> lot...
> Erases get triggered by garbage collection, which depends on the
> amount of data written, not the chunk size.

yes.  I think my two points were actually the same point taken twice :-)
If you're only updating a few bytes of data you will end up writing
a large proportion of log control data.  That'll end up being
responsible for most of the erase traffic.

Still, if you need to be powerfail-safe, I can't see any way of not
doing this.

-Jas.