Database on JFFS2?

Esben Nielsen esn at cotas.dk
Tue Apr 15 04:06:51 EDT 2003

Our flash is NOR (Intel statoflash). What we a going for is a standeard SQL
solution  - so it isn't enough that the filesystem has a database-like
behaviour.

Someone from this list pointed out sqlite to me yesterday. I am looking into
that now.  It has a log system. The most optimal would be if the database
could be tuned not to write too often and on other hand when it does it is
flush to flash immediately to prevent datacorruption. I am not quite sure how
to make it work with JFFS2. DoesJFFS2 write immediately on fsync() or it is
buffered in ram making the database believe it is safe to delete it's
transactionlog?

Esben