Newbie questions: MTD vs M-Sys, ... RTLinuxPro

Edward A. Hildum ehildum at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 11 16:18:04 EDT 2003

Andre,
         I'm also having problems with the 256MB DoC2000 with TrueFFS
5.1.4.  I've built a recent kernel (2.4.18) with MTD.  When it starts, the
DoC is recognized as a DoC Millenium, and the driver says the flash chips
are not recognized.  I am trying now to get information about the flash
chips from M-Systems.  If I get this, it should be easy to update the table
of known flash chips so MTD can access the new DoC.
         I'm also working on booting from the DoC using GRUB, but I am
having trouble getting information from M-Systems.  If I find a solution, I
will post it to this list.

Ted Hildum