DoC + GRUB booting problem

Edward A. Hildum ehildum at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 11 16:10:54 EDT 2003

Ilguiz,
         The bootloader is definitely the M-Sys BIOS extension.  My
impression is that for DoC 2000s, the BIOS extension is in a ROM that can't
be changed.  I am still trying to verify that, but if its true, I have to
deal with it.  If it can be changed, like in a DoC Millenium, I could be in
business.

So far, I have only used DFORMAT as described in the GRUB/MTD Readme_doc
file.  I haven't tried using doc_loadbios yet, but if the BIOS extension
code is in ROM, I will still have to change its checksums to get it to
load.  Since M-Sys hasn't told me (yet) what format DFORMAT expects from
binary files, doc_loadbios may indeed be the best way to proceed.

Thanks,
Ted Hildum