newbie: struct flchip in flashchip.h...

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Apr 3 02:41:48 EST 2003

On Thu, 3 April 2003 00:39:18 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 April 2003 22:12, Jörn Engel wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 April 2003 12:28:47 -0600, Siddharth Choudhuri wrote:
> > > What are the members of the structure <mtd/flashchip.h>
> > > struct flchip {
> > > 	int word_write_time;
> > > 	int buffer_write_time;
> > > 	int erase_time;
> > > }
> > > used for ?
> >
> > I don't know, but you can figure it out yourself. Try
> > http://lxr.linux.no/
> grep -r word_write_time *
> would help too :)

Yes, and so would ctags.
Usually I prefer lxr. It is fast, knows the difference between
declaration, definition and invocation and usually doesn't screw up.
There are some rather obscure functions, though, where I have to fall
back to grep. huft_build e.g.

Jörn

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, but
not tried it.