Interest in DOC and YAFFS? --> YAFFS bootloading

Nick Bane nick at cecomputing.co.uk
Tue Sep 24 03:23:06 EDT 2002

The modifications I made to bootldr (CRL bootloader as used in iPaq
handhelds) were trivial after mkysffsimage was fixed (ask for a copy as the
CVS one is still badly broken).

Bootldr copies the data 512+16 bytes at a time into non-broken NAND. The
kernel is then booted with prior knowledge as to where to find the YAFFS
data and all is ok.

How this works with DOC I am unclear as I had noticed a while back that
there was hardware assisted ECC. This might get in the way of YAFFS ECC but
maybe this can be circumvented.

Nick Bane