lilo-22.1 works with 2.4.19 kernel MTD

Bob Wirka bobwirka at rtcworks.com
Sun Sep 22 14:23:06 EDT 2002

Hello,

I've been trying to use LILO with a Disk on Chip with no success. I've
got a 2.4.19 kernel, and have been trying to use lilo-21.4. When booted
from a kernel on floppy disk, the Disk on Chip was recognized; I could
fdisk, mke2fs, mount, etc., all normally. LILO would not work, however.
I tried the M-Systems lilo with no success (though I have used their
lilo successfully with a 2.2.12 kernel and disk on chip).

A colleague had apparently used lilo-22.1 successfully. I tried it, and
it works. It's available as an rpm (you'll need gfxboot.rpm, also).
You'll find these rpms through 'rpm.bone.net'. Search for 'lilo-22*i386'
with 'SuSE other' checked. Use the new boot.b and chain.b.

There have been a number of posts on this list regarding the use of lilo
with the MTD drivers; I thought some of you might be intereseted.

Best regards,

Bob Wirka