newbie

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Sep 18 00:04:25 EDT 2002

It sounds to me like you need to first understand what flash memory is. I
don't know if there is a faq that describes this.

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:44, Venkat Raghu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any pointers to documents describing the basics
> of mtd drivers. I would like know how it works, what
> are the operations. Whats the reason behind erase
> operation etc.

To answer that one question. Flash memory cannot just be reprogrammed, in
many/most instances you first need to erase the section of flash before you
can reprogram it. All the limitations are far too complex to answer in an
email like this though.

-- Charles