64-bit support..what happened?

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Wed Sep 4 10:14:22 EDT 2002

I am trying to integrate a recent version of MTD from CVS with Linux 2.4.19
in order to gain 64-bit support. However there appears to be several things
wrong which indicates that this does not work.

1. The conditional CONFIG_CFI_64 is defined within cfi.h. However not all
the source modules that use this conditional include the proper header file.
(all the source modules under drivers/mtd/maps)

2. drivers/mtd/maps/physmap.c - attempts to reference __raw_readll() and
__raw_writell() when in 64-bit mode. These functions/macros do not exist.
They would appear in include/asm/io.h. Nothing exists in the MTD tree to
patch this file or otherwise provide these functions.

Any ideas where I can get the 64-bit implementation?

THX