48meg DOC

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Mon Sep 2 12:52:08 EDT 2002

Yes, I was experimenting with using DFORMAT to load Grub around the time I
wrote up the DoC/GRUB Howto.

Henrik is correct that "dformat /win:xxxx /BDKF0:grub_firmware" will install
GRUB properly, but the UnitSizeFactor issue confuses the NFTL code in Grub.
I haven't found an easy way to format using version 4.2 and install the grub
code at the same time.

When the UnitSizeFactor issue is resolved, we should be able to use DFORMAT
to install GRUB, and doc_loadbios would no longer be needed.  We probably
wouldn't even need to generate a .EXB file, as the /BDKF option seems to be
OK with grub_firmware in its raw binary format.

If the UnitSizeFactor thing has been fixed in the latest CVS code, I'd be
glad to apply the changes to the GRUB code.  If not, can you point us in the
right direction to fix it?