Mounting Read-only

Andrew Hainsworth andrew at hainsworth.ath.cx
Mon Sep 2 07:43:46 EDT 2002

Hello again,

I now have the DoC detecting and mountable, but it is mounting read-only
and I can't seem ot make it mount read-write.  Any ideas?

Also, I think the geometry, or pseudo-geometry or whatever of the chip is
out of whack.  This is what fdisk is telling me:

Disk /dev/nftla: 1 heads, 64064 sectors, 1 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64064 * 512 bytes

      Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/nftla1             1         1     32031+  83  Linux
Partition 1 has different physical/logical endings:
      phys=(256, 0, 0) logical=(0, 0, 64064)
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary:
      phys=(256, 0, 0) should be (256, 0, 64064)

Help would be much appreciated, as per usual.

Andrew