MTD Config.in items not escaped by bus availability

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Oct 31 16:00:01 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 October 2002 14:05:19 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 07:37:18PM +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:
> >
> > All right. This patch will only create the mtd devices from ram and
> > block devices, unless $CONFIG_MEMORY_BUS is defined.
>
> Cool.  Is the memory bus the only bus that MTD devices can be attached
> to?  They can't be attached to USB or PCMCIA or anything else?  Or
> perhaps the only ones supported by Linux right now are ones attached
> to a memory bus?

Nor flashes are usually attached to the memory bus. If something else
is possible as well, I don't know about it.
Nand comes in many varieties, attached via ide, pcmcia, ..., never to
a memory bus directly. But at least, all of those systems do have a
memory bus, so the patch is not completely wrong here.

Jörn

--
Mundie uses a textbook tactic of manipulation: start with some
reasonable talk, and lead the audience to an unreasonable conclusion.