MTD Config.in items not escaped by bus availability

Brian J. Murrell cc718ee62b87e84e665d57aa27e6bf39 at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Oct 28 08:48:32 EST 2002

I have noticed that the whole MTD kernel configuration subsystem
(drivers/mtd/Config.in) in the 2.4.19 kernel is not escaped by any bus
configuration items.  That is, even on a kernel that I configure with
no busses (i.e. UML), I am still asked about MTD devices.  Should ths
really be so?  How can I have any MTD devices with no bus to connect
them to?

If this is the case, can I ask, somebody who knows better than I do,
can you please modify the Config.in for MTD and wrap the whole thing
with a test for the presence of configuration items for the various
different busses that MTD supports?  Something like:

mainmenu_option next_comment
comment 'Memory Technology Devices (MTD)'

if [ "$CONFIG_PCMCIA" = "y" -o "$CONFIG_PCMCIA" = "m" -o
     "$CONFIG_USB" = "y" -o "$CONFIG_USB" = "m" ]; then
    tristate 'Memory Technology Device (MTD) support' CONFIG_MTD
fi

endmenu

Thanx,
b.