Virtual MTD-Device

Frank Neuber neuber at convergence.de
Mon Oct 14 11:28:19 EDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:57:48PM +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Tach auch,
Ebenso ...

> > Has anyone thought about this problem, maybe there is a ready to run
> > solution :-))
>
> Yep. Have a look at the MTD concat layer (mtdconcat.c). See the map drivers
> for the DIL/NetPC (dilnetpc.c) and the SC520 CDP (sc520cdp.c) for examples on
> how to use this layer. On these two reference platforms, the chips that are
It seems that is exactly that what I want :-)

> being concatenated happen to have uniform sector sizes, but I did test this
> stuff in at least one configuration with varying sector sizes. So, this
> _should_ work out ot the box.
Ahh, interresting. I will check this out and let you know when it works.

Additionally I will add the exact flash configuration to the kernel
command line, so that I can use the same kernel for different flash
placements on the target platform.

Bis dann,
 Frank
--
Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik           convergence / HW
Frank Neuber                        Rosenthalerstr.51 / 10178 Berlin