Virtual MTD-Device

Frank Neuber neuber at convergence.de
Mon Oct 14 05:27:38 EDT 2002

Hi,
I work on a MIPS based platform with different types of flash chips.
So it is possible that one board has a 4MB flash and a 8MB flash bank
with different size of sectors. Also the flash is not linear mapped. I
will say there are holes between the 4MB and the 8MB chips.
What I wish to do is to use this flash as one virtual MTD so that I can
place a filesystem on both chips.
I'm looking for things like LVM or Softraid what only support striping
in the MTD-Driver. Also it should be simple enough that the bootloader
can handle this.
Has anyone thought about this problem, maybe there is a ready to run solution :-))

Regards,
 Frank
--
Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik           convergence / HW
Frank Neuber                        Rosenthalerstr.51 / 10178 Berlin