how can I setup all head files before browsing the source code?

fretre lewis fretre_lewis at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 11 02:10:35 EDT 2002

what I want is only to read and learn some arm-linux kernel code, please
note, I mean not compiler kernel or toolchain etc, I just want to use LXR to
browse source code.

before I invoke LXR to work, I need setup head files, for i386-linux,
following is enough:

ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386  /usr/include/asm
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux     /usr/include/linux

however, I am new to arm-linux, I guess there is more setup than above, for
example, I can't find some directories in source tree, like:

    include/asm-arm/arch
    include/asm-arm/proc
etc

and I can't find some files like:
     mach-types.h
etc

   I think there are many work, say, symlink directories,create new
files,etc, would be done automaticly during compiling kernel, however I need
not compiler kernel, I just want to use LXR to build cross-reference among
the source code, so perhaps, I have to do all of these work manually about
setup head files , without these I am afraid LXR can not generate index
database rightly.

  supposing I am interested in code about Xscale, how can I setup all head
files and other files/dirs referenced?

please help

thank very much

fretre