CFI and driver code for AM29LV320D ..newbie query

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Oct 10 08:33:08 EDT 2002

vijay_peshkar at hotmail.com said:
>  OK. So a 0x98 write to (0x55 + flash_baseptr) and then a read at
> flash_baseptr should give me all the CFI query related data. Right?.

Er, I mean that calling the 'cfi_probe' function should return you a full
MTD driver for the appropriate chip. You don't need to know the details,
except that you need to turn on the appropriate CFI probing and AMD command
set code in your kernel.

> Sorry for the dumb question. My second day at development on linux ;)
> Where do I get the code for the standard linux driver for flash.

See drivers/mtd/maps/physmap.c and configure it with the appropriate
parameters for how the flash is wired up on your boards.

--
dwmw2