cramfs issues

Snehaprabha nsnehaprabha at tnint11.telogy.design.ti.com
Fri Oct 4 14:17:04 EDT 2002

Hi
	I have a mtd partition for cramfs. I'm using 2.4.17 kernel. Also I am
building the mkcramfs utility against the files from scripts/cramfs directory
of the kernel distribution. I see that in the makefile this utility is linked
with zlib library (libz.a). This crams image is mounted as root. Kernel comes
up properly, but gives me the following message.
"Error -3 While decompressing!"

how do I make sure the versions of zlib used for compression on the host and
zlib for decompression (kernel) on the target are the same?

Please help.
Thanks
Sneha