JFFS2 Config / FAQ

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Nov 25 14:32:45 EST 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 19:38, Jörn Engel wrote:
> On Mon, 25 November 2002 16:19:53 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se said:
> > >  I think it's 5 blocks currently. It should be possible to lower that
> > > count, but that needs testing.
> >
> > It was tested. It broke. http://mhonarc.axis.se/jffs-dev/msg01495.html
>
> Yes, it broke with a smaller number. But wether that smaller number
> was 4, 1 or 0 is unknown.
>
> I would expect 3 or 4 to be fine, but not bet more than a beer on it.

In August this year I made some cleanup in the GC algorithms, as they went
into an endless GC loop, when the fs was filling up to 100%. I tried also to
reduce blocks, 4 worked sometimes, 3 broke always.

It depends on the filesizes you have on your fs (deleted or overwritten). But
with 5 I was not able to break it again.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de