MTD newbie wants programming a 28F800 with a 2.2.18 kernel

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Wed Nov 6 10:23:27 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 November 2002 13:56:46 +0100, Gettert, Wolfram wrote:

> Do you try to tell me not to use the patch but getting the most recent MTD
> code from 2.5.x and get it running under 2.2.18?
> Perhaps it's just the easiest way? Of course I get the best MTD code.

The patch was mtd-patch-2.2.18-20001218-2230GMT, right?
                               ^^^^^^^^
Dezember 2000 sound a bit old. You can of course use it, but I would
either look for a newer patch or create one myself, yes.

You also might want to look through the mailing list archive a bit.
2.2.x questions are rare but they do happen from time to time. And the
archive has more knowledge than I do. :-)

Jörn

--
"Security vulnerabilities are here to stay."
-- Scott Culp, Manager of the Microsoft Security Response Center, 2001