cfi_cmdset_0020.c

J B mad_flasher at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 10:03:03 EST 2002

Jörn,
     I have a couple of questions reguarding the patch you released a while
ago to support the M58LW064A STMicro flash chip.  I noticed that you set the
eccsize in the mtd_info structure to 8, and in your patch for jffs2, you
used this as the size of the wbuf for writes in nor_wbuf.c.  Isn't this
value really the minimum buffer size for the flash chip?  If so, since your
patch for jffs2 is based on NAND chips, wouldn't it make more sense to use
the oobblock variable in the mtd_info structure to represent the size of the
buffer?  There could be other reasons you used eccsize that I am missing and
if so please forgive my ignorance ;).  Also, is there a reason you decided
to use the minimum buffer size for the wbuf?  According to the datasheet for
those chips, the buffer can hold up to 32 bytes.  Wouldn't using the maximum
buffer available make things more efficient?

Thanks,