Grub Booting Disk On Chip

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Thu May 30 10:59:33 EDT 2002

On 30 May 2002, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> 1.  I get "DoC 2000 at D600".  The DOC is really at D000.

Weird.  Looks like BIOS calls DoC 2000 firmware with a different value of
Command Segment register.  I don't know if addressing D000:0 by offsetting
the D600 segment with a different value of IP register is possible.

> default=1
> [...]
> 2.  I get several messages about GRUB trying to find
> /boot/grub/menu.lst.  None of the messages indicate drive 0xE0.

Does the "default" parameter in menu.lst makes GRUB attempt to load the
second entry which refers to the disk 0x80?

Ilguiz