grub cannt boot from doc millennium

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Mon May 27 09:45:15 EDT 2002

On Mon, 27 May 2002, [gb2312] cytang wrote:

> I searched the mail archive with keyword "grub"
> but I only find just one detailed howto :

There is a short how-to in the README_DiskOnChip file created by the
patch.

> 4. rm configure;
>    autoconf
> 5. make ; make install;

Run

    ./configure --enable-diskonchip-mil512

or

    ./configure --enable-diskonchip-mil256

depending on the type of the DoC Millennium flash parts.  You may want to
explicitly disable unused file system drivers and leave only required one.

> 6. cp stage2/pre_stage2 /usr/src/mtd/grub

This and the next step are no longer needed.  The README_DiskOnChip file
suggests to obtain the GRUB bootloader firmware from stage2/grub_firmware.

Ilguiz