linux boot time

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 17 11:44:43 EDT 2002

rsmith at bitworks.com said:
>  I think I posted some info about my experiences a while back.... that
> may have been on the embedded list though...

> David, how many other reports besides mine to you have of the CF's
> developing a problem?  We use both SanDisk and SST CF's in a couple of
> projects and most of our failures are during the development cycle.
> Go figure...

There was Vipin Malik's writeup at http://www.embeddedlinuxworks.com/ but
that doesn't seem to be there any more. He was actually doing powerfail
testing on JFFS/JFFS2 and making me fix it when it broke, but he also did
some on CF, and obviously could do nothing when it broke. Software is _so_
much nicer.

Charles Manning's rants about bog-roll technology¹ are too vehement to have
been born from anything but personal experience as well, AFAICT :)

--
dwmw2
¹ http://mhonarc.axis.se/jffs-dev/msg01267.html