FAT for NAND Flash

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 17 02:03:23 EDT 2002

paul at oz.net said:
>  Perhaps I used the wrong terminology when I said "FAT12 translation",
> but doesn't the firmware on a USB SmartMedia reader have to be able to
>  parse the SSFDC Physical Format Specification, such as the CIS (Card
> Information Structure)?  This is the part that seems to be missing in
> sddr09.c, and the upper level stuff (e.g. fs/fat/inode.c) only handles
>  pure FAT12.  In that case, sddr09.c isn't as useful to us as
> previously suggested.

OK, I thought there was more knowledge about the SmartMedia translation
layer in the driver than that -- after all, if they were going to do it in
firmware they could have just presented it as a standard USB-storage device
and not required a special driver.

Have you also looked at the updated driver at
	ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/aeb/

--
dwmw2