Filesystem Driver Panic

Matt Cochran matthewcochran at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 20:48:07 EDT 2002

Here's an example:
I created a FAT partition on the system, and formatted
it to the same. I copied one set of files to it, and
restarted the machine.

I needed to change one of the files, but when I
removed the file I got:

Filesystem Panic (dev 5d:01)
fat_free: deleting beyond EOF
Filesystem has been set read-only

And then rm fails.

I have also noticed that the files copied to the
filesystem are often corrupted.

You're right, I was unable to reproduce this using
only /dev/nftla. Unfortunately, I can't get syslinux
to work without using partitions. Is there a way out
along this path, or do I need to take another
approach?

Matt