Whats wrong with my jffs2?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 28 02:23:04 EST 2002

zeusj at firstlinux.net said:
>  Thanks, I have checked the devices.txt, so I got why the odd mtd
> "permission denied". But if the device nodes with major 31 ,mi 0-7 are
> ROM card (as the device.txt said),why my flash can works without
> nothing wrong? I think the minor number should be 8-15 , isnt it?

Hmmm. That's out of date - I reused the major number. I thought the change
had propagated to devices.txt by now. We don't actually distinguish between
flash and ROM 'cards'.

> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x000e0014: 0x552f instead

Did you erase the flash completely before putting the JFFS2 image on there?

> VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem) readonly.

Add 'rw' to the kernel command line (and/or remove 'ro') ?

--
dwmw2