Unable to recover from CRC failiure

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Wed Mar 27 07:22:34 EST 2002

> joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se said:
> >  I have no problem with getting a bad CRC on the JFFS2 FS at times,
> > but that I am unable to get rid of the offending file(utmp).
>
> perl -e "unlink 'utmp';"

I don't have perl on this system. It's an emmbedded system. Is there another
way? Why can I not just do a rm?

> I, on the other hand, _do_ have a problem with you getting a bad CRC, if it
> means you lose data. How did it happen?

:-) According to our system test it was after installing a new version of our SW and
reboot.
The reason I not too troubled is that we got a batch of bad Strata Flash:es a while
back ago. They carry FPO revision P and no one seems to know what revision P is. I think
it's some pre production crap. We already know that erase suspend does not work so I attribute
this CRC problem to bad flash until the HW department has proven otherwise.

    Jocke