CVS tags?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 25 10:54:35 EST 2002

joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de said:
> Whow, someone noticed!
> That tag belongs to the mtd-2_5-newpartcode-branch, which should get
> included into 2.5 as soon as David has actually read and approved the
> code. It is working stable for me, on four different platforms with up
> to 10 mtd devices, each one being partitioned. But noone else uses the
> code, as far as I know of, so the decision is yours. :-)

I will start paying attention to this soon, I promise. In the meantime, it
would be good if people could start testing it.

The current plan, such as there is one, is to wait for Marcelo to
release 2.4.19 with the MTD fixes that are already in his tree, then send
the remainder of the new code which I didn't want to go into such a late
prerelease. Then I'll update the code to build in 2.5 and use all the stuff
in compatmac.h for the 2.4 build, and send that to Linus.

At that point, I'll be looking to merge Jörn's partition code - so if it
doesn't work for you, make sure you've squealed by that point.

--
dwmw2