drivers/mtd/nand/spia.c broken ?

Robert Kaiser rob at sysgo.de
Thu Mar 21 13:37:31 EST 2002

Am Donnerstag, 21. März 2002 19:02 schrieben Sie:
> On Donnerstag, 21. März 2002 16:39 , Robert Kaiser wrote:
> > Hi,
> > has anyone tried to compile this file lately ?
>
> Not me. I just adjusted all the changes we made in nand.c.
>
> > I'm only asking because it contains some IMO strange stuff:
> > Line 38 following: #define SPIA_XX =
> > Line 38 vs. 55, 39 vs 56:  xxx_ADDR <> xxx_BASE
>
> I don't know, where the SPIA_IO_BASE comes from. Maybe from a header, which
> is not in the ARM kernel tree. But it should represent the virtual base
> address of EP7212 IO adress space.
>
> > Line 161: return = -ENOMEM
>
> This is the standard return, if kmalloc failes :) The data cache was
> introduced due to the changes in nand.c, which were made for JFFS2 on NAND

Hmm, what I meant to point out is that "return" is a reserved word in C, so
it is not possible to have a variable of that name, let alone assign a value
to it. Similarly, lines like "#define SOMETHING = something" to me make no
sense (the "=" must be removed).

These are some reasons why the file probably won't compile as is.

Rob

Robert Kaiser                         email: rkaiser at sysgo.de
SYSGO RTS GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 14                    phone: (49) 6136 9948-762
D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany   fax:   (49) 6136 9948-10