DOC2000 + GRUB/LILO booting problems

Veselin Mijuskovic panzer at etf.bg.ac.yu
Mon Mar 18 08:48:55 EST 2002

Ilguiz Latypov [Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:06:28AM -0500, Re: DOC2000 + GRUB/LILO booting problems]:

> Veselin,
>
> Could you overwrite the NFTL information when installing grub_firmware?

	I'm pretty new to MTD and all these stuff, but if this is the
case, how the kernel mounts the /dev/nftla1 with no problems at all when I
boot from the hard disk?

> I believe one can re-format the chip with
>     nftl_format /dev/mtd0 0x18000

	Isn't it dangerous? It's a 16MB DOC2000 - are these the right
parameters? Can I overwrite bad block table with the above command?
How can I recover bad block table (I can make 'dd if=/dev/mtd0 of=some_file'
to create a backup copy, can I)?

	Sorry to bother you with this, but it's rather important.

Cheers,
--
 | \|/ Panzer (a.k.a Veselin Mijuskovic), Unix SysAdmin
/|\ |  Computer Centre, School of Electical Engineering, University of Belgrade