(no subject)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Mar 15 05:15:57 EST 2002

zeusj at firstlinux.net said:
>  Chip not ready for buffer write. Xstatus = 18, status = 98

Do you have the correct voltage applied to the Vpen line of the flash chip?
I note you don't have a set_vpp() method. Do you need one?

> sure I can use jffs2 too, but for more insurance , I use jffs:)

'insurance'? I expect JFFS2 to be more reliable than JFFS at this point.
That was, after all, most of the point in doing a complete rewrite :)

> BTW: in my opinion, the "mtd_info" struct should be to describe a mtd
> device.

Yes.

> the "map_info" struct should be to describe a mapping area in
> memory which mapping to the mtd device(?)

The map_info struct is used just by the generic flash chip drivers, to
access the memory bus on which the flash chip resides.

> and WINDOW_ADDR is the PA of the mtd device(in my file) and
> map_info.map_priv_1 is a pointer to the VA of the mtd device.

Those are private information which are specific to your map driver. All
that matters is that the read16 call reads a word from the correct offset
on the flash chip. But yes, almost all the map drivers are mostly the same
code, and this is how they do it.

> Is that right? to be honest , I am really
> confused by these.I cant find any documentation to explain it .

Occasionally I try to write some documentation. Generally I look at it and
think the code explains stuff better, so abandon it.

--
dwmw2