ECC Reset problems

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Mar 13 04:17:32 EST 2002

justin.ipsen at ctam.com.au said:
>  I'm running linux 2.4.1-pre11 on a powerPC platform. I have been
> using a 32M doc2000 with no problems. I've just started to use a 48M
> doc2000 but the On-Chip ECC engine seems to work just once after reset
> and not again.   It looks like the "ECC Config" Resets function has
> stopped working?

Hmmm. I can't see any documented timing constraints on the ECC Reset. But
try adding a delay between...

		/* Prime the ECC engine */
		WriteDOC(DOC_ECC_RESET, docptr, ECCConf);
		WriteDOC(DOC_ECC_EN, docptr, ECCConf);

Might also be worth looking in include/linux/mtd/doc2000.h and changing the
definition of DOC_ECC_RESET to DOC_ECC_RESV instead of zero.

--
dwmw2