DiskOnChip 2000 and Millenium support in GRUB bootloader

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Tue Mar 12 16:07:19 EST 2002

Mark,

1. Thanks for the latest patch to stage2/bdev_diskonchip.c that rectifies
the chip identification.

2. As for the device page size issue in Millennium IPL, the data sheets
and application notes at

    http://www.m-sys.com/content/Products/ShowInformation.asp?PID=1&Code=1

inform that DoC Millennium and DoC Millennium Plus feature a Download
Engine which takes care of copying the flash image into the read-only area
available at offset 0 of the window.

The above process takes place when the device is reset.

Apparently, the XIP IPL doesn't need the DoC 2000 trick with duplicating
the code for 256-byte and 512-byte page size devices at offsets 0x100 and
0x200 respectively.

3. There is a data sheet on Millennium Plus at the aove link, if anyone is
interested.  The chip has ID 0x40, its IPL is downloaded from a non-zero
flash offset, and there are few data structures in the beginning of the
flash memeory.

Ilguiz