DiskOnChip booting for PPC

stefania magistrali s.magistrali at selta.it
Thu Mar 7 07:14:19 EST 2002

Hi!
I have a question about booting. Now I am using a FADS with powerpc 860T
and I use PPCBOOT to boot and everything is ok, but our proprietary
board will use DiskOnChip Millenium Plus and we will use the boot block
inside it.
Has anyone tried to boot fro DiskOnChip Millenium Plus in PPC
architecture? Can I find the IPL code somewhere? And, (sorry but I am
very confused, I am not familiar with DOC), can I use LILO to boot linux
or isn't possible for powerpc architecture?
I know the MTD driver doesn't support DiskOnChip Millenium Plus now, but
is it possible it will support it in a short time?
Any suggestion/experience is welcome.
Thanks,
Stefania