Lost DOC2000 after trying to load grub

Chris Fowler strtok at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:19:41 EST 2002

Help.  I decided to replace my doc-lilo with grub.  I did the following:

[root at cas8]# ./doc_loadbios /dev/mtd0 grub_firmware
Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 0
Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 16384
Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 32768
Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 49152
Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 65536
Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 81920
Writing the firmware of length 94528 at 0... Done.
[root at cas8]# restart

Now when it boots I get a grub propmt.  I'm not sure what to do to make the doc-lilo boot now.  So I do not know what to type at grub>

But that is not the main problem.  I decided to replace my orignal software.  Between major changes I've been using getimage and putimage.  I did a putimage <image name> and get
 Error: Too much bad sector

So I do a dformat /win:D000 /s:DOC504.exb /FIRST /NOFORMAT /Y and I get the following error:

Error writing EXB

Status code 26 (flUnknownMedia) received from flPlaceExbByBuffer.
Format Failed.

I know this has something to do with:
[root at cas8]# ./doc_loadbios /dev/mtd0 grub_firmware

How do I revocer without replaceing the chip?

Thanks,
Chris Fowler