Halt at mounting

Steve Tsai startec at ms11.hinet.net
Tue Jun 25 22:04:07 EDT 2002

I use new snapshot source and I can mount jffs2, but it will take about
27 seconds. How to reduce the mounting time?

Steve Tsai

When I copy some files into the jffs2 directory and remove all the
files, the next mounting procedure will halt after nand_read_ecc is
done. The procedure is,

eraseall /dev/mtd1                                            //OK
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt                    //OK
cp /etc/* /mnt                                                 //OK
rm  /mnt/*                                                       //OK
umount /mnt                                                   //OK
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt                    //halt

Have any idea?  Where can I hack?

The last output message,

nand_read_ecc: from = 0x007fe00c, len = 12
nand_read_ecc: from = 0x007fe00c, len = 4096
nand_read_ecc: from = 0x007ff00c, len = 4084

Steve Tsai