PSA: Next couple of weeks [READ THIS OR DIE!] (fwd)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jun 22 13:12:03 EDT 2002

What Russell said.

--
dwmw2

------- Forwarded Message

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk>
To: linux-arm-kernel at lists.arm.linux.org.uk
Subject: PSA: Next couple of weeks [READ THIS OR DIE!]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:51:22 +0100

I hope the subject line is sufficiently clear that _everyone_ should
read this mail.  If it isn't, I'm at a loss how to make everyone read
and inwardly digest the contents of important messages like this one.
If you feel that you need to reply to anything in this email, please
don't; I probably won't even read it.

As some people are aware, the Ottawa Linux Symposium and Linux Kernel
Summit are being held in Ottawa next couple of week, which attracts many
kernel developers.  Several people from this list will be attending the
event.

Since the events are back to back, and jammed-packed (eg, 9am to 11pm)
with talks and the like, there is a high possibility that some of the
more active people on these lists may not be available to answer questions,
look at patches and fix problems as promptly as they otherwise would do.
Please bear this in mind when re-sending your question to these lists.

Therefore, I ask that people ensure that:

- all mails sent to the list in the following couple of weeks are "high
  quality".

  By that, I mean, if you have a problem, please use the format suggested
  in REPORTING-BUGS (found in the Linux kernel source tree) so you enclose
  as much relevant information in _one_ self contained message.

- re-sends of messages in the next couple of weeks are kept to an absolute
  minimum.

- you don't send emails to them personally in the hope that you'll get
  preferential treatment (these types of mailings will probably end up
  in /dev/null)

- you do resend the message after two weeks if you have not had a reply.

Even if people do reply to _some_ emails, do not assume that:

- they have time to reply to all emails.
- they are going to be around the next day to read or reply to mails.

------- End of Forwarded Message