X Windows Performance with DOC 2000

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Fri Jun 21 20:01:06 EDT 2002

I found one message of March 6, 2002 where the MTD-patched GRUB displayed
the prompt.  I think this was half a success as I am an optimist :-)

I believe you did create a file system on top of NFTL layer and put the
/boot/grub/menu.lst configuration file there.  This file tells GRUB which
partition to open and which kernel to load.

The difficulties with reformatting DoC by using the M-Sys'es DFORMAT might
be due to grub_firmware indeed.

> So I do a dformat /win:D000 /s:DOC504.exb /FIRST /NOFORMAT /Y and I get
> the following error:
>
> Error writing EXB
> Status code 26 (flUnknownMedia) received from flPlaceExbByBuffer.
> Format Failed.

Perhaps, running the same utility with /s:* and without /noformat may help
in erasing the ext2 partitions.

See pages 5 and 7 of

    http://www.m-sys.com/files/Manuals%5Cdoc%5CDOC_Tool.pdf

Ilguiz