NAND FLASH

Steve Tsai startec at ms11.hinet.net
Fri Jun 21 13:07:56 EDT 2002

Do I use GPIO to control CE? Because I use memory-map-io to connnect to
nand flash, if CE can not use to address the chip, I have to use other
design to address the flash chip. Thanks.

Steve Tsai

> Hi,
> I try to use nand flash driver to my board, but it seems fail to do
> some operations. I just can get chip ID, but I can not read data or
> program data. I use GPIO to control CLE and ALE and connect WE, RE and

> CE to procesor. Is it right? Does anyone have sample code to test NAND

> flash?
1. CE should be a static signal
2. please read http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/tech/nand.html
3. Use the latest code from mtd-cvs
4. Read one of the board specific nand drivers to setup your own