Problem in duplicating DoC2000

Guillaume David guillaume.david at mensi.com
Fri Jun 21 06:37:11 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm really happy having success in building an embedded linux system on
DoC2000 with the mtd stuff.
This system boots thanks to grub.

I bought the disk-on-chip GANG programmer from M-System to copy easily and
fast my systems.
This programmer first copies the source DoC to its own hard disk in an image
file. Then in a second time, it writes the image file to the target DoC.
But it doesn't really works, the copies seem to start but I have a message
such as :
    Spare Media Header for NFTL 0 found in flash sector 224
    nftl_rawread error 16 in memcpy() or earlier, press any key...

I press a key and then the boot sequence goes on and hangs up after having
written
    NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $ Revision1.86$, nflmount.c $ Revision 1.28 $

The original DoC works pretty well instead, there must be some problem in
the copy process.

Do you have any idea of what happened and how I can correct or avoid the
problem.

Best Regards

Guillaume DAVID
Mensi