X11 or microwindows on a DOC using GRUB??

xyz xyz watsup at linuxmail.org
Fri Jun 21 05:50:28 EDT 2002

hi all,
  i m working on a thin client solution with a
DOC-2000 chip of 16 MB

now for RDP client to run ,we need an X client, ihave
tried microwindows as well as X11(stripped down/ reduced X11)
no doubt X11 take more space but somehow gives better
performance

now we need to develop some configurator modules and
an user interface on our X client,so the problem is
shall i go ahead with development for X11 or microwindows?

the dilemma is bcoz of the fact that X11 client is
providing a better resolution as compared to
microwindows,but i feel for an embedded device
microwindows is the rite choice,(as far as size is
concerned ,with microwindows we are savin lot of space
but anyway we r not using that space,it will b free)

so i want to ask if someone has used microwindows in
commercial apps,what are the drawbacks of using X11 on
an embedded device and is micrwindows stable and good
enough to b used in a comm apps(i have seen there r
some black patches left when an app is closed in
microwindows)

has any1 faced problems like black patches(the screen
needs to b refreshed manually) or any other display
probs while runnin nano-X with framebuffer support.

TIA