[Fwd: cfi_cmdset_0001.c: do_write_buffer bug]

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 20 08:25:03 EDT 2002

John.Hall at optionexist.co.uk said:
>  Not yet. We've spoken to Intel and they acknowledge there might be a
> problem, but we're waiting for them to get back to us.

OK, I suspect what we want to do is something like...

 Send WriteToBuffer command.
 Poll for a little while for chips to become ready.
 If neither chip is ready, repeat.
 If only one chip is ready, abort the WriteToBuffer. Send a zero-length
	(or one-byte) buffer and then something other than a WriteConfirm
	command, to abort the write. Clear the resulting 'Invalid Command/
	Sequence' error bits which will get set, and start again.

--
dwmw2