DOC boot prob,making rum 4 GRUB

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 18 11:40:13 EDT 2002

watsup at linuxmail.org said:
>  i have learnt from the list that we need to make room for GRUB on DOC
> ,how do i do that,david suggested to use DFORMAT,can any1 give me the
> exact cmd to do that? i dont want to use ntfl_format due to poor block
> handling

You can tell DFORMAT how much space to leave for the firmware -- try the
/HELP option or something. We don't yet know how to turn our grub_firmware
binary into a .EXB file which DFORMAT will write to the flash _for_ us.
That would be a nice development -- it shouldn't be too hard to work out
how that file works.

You need to build grub according to the documentation and then see how
large the resulting binary is -- _that_ is the amount of space you need to
reserve.

--
dwmw2