[Fwd: cfi_cmdset_0001.c: do_write_buffer bug]

John Hall John.Hall at optionexist.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 11:01:56 EDT 2002

On Sun 16/06/2002, Andrey Filippov <andrey at elphel.com> wrote:

> Working with Intel TE28F640J3A and Axis ETRAX100LX processor I ran
> over a bug in cfi_cmdset_0001.c: do_write_buffer. It checks ready
> state 20 times but does not resend Write-to-Buffer command (E8) before
> new checks. So if it was not ready first time it will never be ready
> later.

I was going to report exactly the same problem this morning. We have an
additional problem however. We currently have two Intel Strata Flash
parts in 16 bit mode to form a single 32 bit interface to a StrongARM
SA1110. We have found that sometimes, one chip returns ready, but the
second does not. You are then in a Catch-22 since you're supposed to
re-issue the write command to the one that's not ready but cannot to the
one that is ready.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Regards,
John Hall