Bad Block management routine for MTD NandFlash driver?

Jason Chan jason at emsoftltd.com
Mon Jun 17 04:28:25 EDT 2002

David,
    I trying to use EXT2 for my nandflash driver. Is that OK?

When I make a EXT2 file system on the nandflash driver, the
mtd/nand/nand.c show a error message that "nand_erase: Failed erase",
and it keep looping the same statement.

Since I may use other filesystem in the future, eg. CRAMFS or VFAT, I
have no idea on the completeness of the filesystem on the bad block
managment. So how can enable use the translation layer to manage my bad
block?

--
Best Regards,

Jason Chan