file copy to /dev/mtd0 hangs after write

Ivar Zarans iff at alcaron.ee
Fri Jun 14 03:59:13 EDT 2002

Hello!

I am using linux kernel 2.4.18 with included MTD drivers. I got working
Intel Strataflash on our experimental board with physmap driver.

When i write something directly to flash, using "cp" command
(cp ./image /dev/mtd0), then system hangs *after* data is written.
Command returns to shell prompt, but system does not respond any more.
Debug messages from mtd do not indicate any errors.

jffs seems to be working OK.

Any ideas why this happens? Any suggestions for debugging?

--
Ivar